Sunday 12 November 2017

When Sister Turns 18..!

Rasika,

 Happy Birthday-
To be precise – Happy Adulthood …
I remember the day when Aai and I were eating apples in the bedroom and mom said that apple would make baby’s skin glow. I looked at her and asked her, “where is the baby then? “ She smiled, kept my little hand on her baby belly and replied, “here, inside”. I looked at her with an anxiety in my eyes. At the age of 8 it was magical for me to feel a movement inside my mum’s tummy. I was excited with the fact that someone will enter our lives and probably just for me 😊 and you did on 27th Sep at 10.08 PM.

I distinctly remember that I touched you at 10.30PM and was blown away! And today here you are turning 18. I really can’t remember each day but I remember doctor saying, “You are now an elder sister of a beautiful girl”. And right after that moment you became my favourite sibling among all others.

As a kid, I used to think that we have too much of age-difference, almost of 8 years. I used to hate this but now I thank mom for that. And you know why? -it’s because I am one of those lucky siblings who remember my little tiny buddy vividly, those hands, your giggles, your tantrums everything. Rasi, I know you in-n-out even before you existed in this world. I am happy and feel privileged to see you grow since your heart started beating.

You are turning 18; stepping into this ADULT world where you will be an accountable citizen, make sure you will always choose a path of honesty and dignity. Earn honest money, keep pure and loyal relations, live your life on your own terms but make sure you don’t hurt the loved ones. It doesn’t matter how many mistakes you make, but make sure you don’t repeat one! Whatever you do in your life, always handle things patiently and develop that zeal to finish it with a ‘do or die’ attitude.

Phewww.. so much of philosophy. Anyways I don’t want any promises from you on your birthday. I believe in you and in fact I will promise you today that no matter which path you choose, I will always stand-by you.

I believe in a theory that Elder sisters are supposed to be empathetic and egoless. And I promise you that even if tomorrow you turn your back on me, I will be the first person holding your hand to pull you back. Being the elder sister, I won’t expect you to be understanding and mature enough when it comes to our relationship. Nevertheless, think aloud when you are with me, you will always be a KID to me!
So, a very Happy Birthday my darling … I love you!!!

1 comment: